The People’s Democratic Party (PDP) on Tuesday issued the letter of the national president of the protest, Uche Secondus, to the National Independent Electoral Commission (INEC).
In the letter made available to DAILY POST, the PDP insisted that the presidential elections be manipulated in favor of the ruling party.
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) declared President Muhammadu Buhari the winner of the Progressive General Congress (APC) after receiving 15,191,847 votes against the PDO’s 11,262,978 votes, Atiku Abubakar.
On Tuesday, the PDP and Atiku filed a lawsuit against Buhari’s victory in the presidential election court in Abuja.
The PDP letter to INEC below:
PDP / DOM / CENI / 19-004
Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC)
CASES OF INFRACTIONS AND DELIBERATIONS OF VIOLATIONS OF ELECTORAL LAW AND DIRECTIVES
The 2019 general election has a very negative impact on the credibility, transparency and integrity of the entire electoral process. especially the presidential and national elections.
Elections to this meeting of governors and state assemblies are scheduled for Saturday, March 9, 2019.
These offenses and deliberate violations include, but are not limited to, the following:
1. The non-use or selective application of smart card reader (SCR) machines across the country. We observed that the use of SCR machines was strategically applied in the south-south, south-east and north-central areas of the country, which are strongholds of the PDP. This is radically different from what has been observed in the North West, Northeast and Southwest, which were considered to be the strongholds of the APC. This is totally contrary to the provisions of paragraph 10 (a) and (b) of the Regulations and Guidelines Governing the 2019 General Elections and to all assurances that you, Professor Yakub Mahmood, gave the last hours before the elections.
2. The deliberate non-deployment of the electronic filing system (E-collation) for unit elections, through the constituency centers up to the presidential sorting center in Abuja, as provided in the regulation and the 2019 election guidelines issued by you, and which appears in your several official press releases is very suspicious. The payer’s money was spent for the installation of the facilities.
3. You are very familiar with the PDC and the repression of voters in the strongholds of the PDP across the country. The Resident Election Commissioners (RECs) and some INEC National Commissioners for the formalities of the APC candidates have come to an agreement portraying the pure conspiracy and collusion of the commission with APC government writers.
4. We would like to inform you that most of the assembly centers in the country have been cordoned off by officers and men from the armed forces. The election results were manipulated, mutilated and modified according to the dictates and criminal desires of the APC-led government. These results were accepted with the election results.
5. In Lagos, Rivers, Nassarawa, Abia, Benue, Plateau, Ondo and Osun, the results of the duly organized elections were annulled illegally, particularly in areas dominated by the PDP in order to reduce margin of victory in the states in favor of APC Candidates. Is it not surprising that you have over a million votes? This is the case in virtually all PDP-dominated states where the crackdown on voters has been deployed as a major strategy by you and the APC government in the framework of active collaboration between some of your RECs and unscrupulous staff.
6. We are certain that the committee is unaware of the number of polling units and the total number of polluters registered in these units. However, you hastily announce the results of the presidential election, including with a press release to be presented on March 9, 2019 at the same time as the elections for the governor and the House of Assembly. This to say the least is a major element for the credibility and image of the commission.
7. Under your watch as INEC President for the first time in the history of our country, the electoral material of all categories; someone who is not simply a member holding a political party card; the APC, but also a senatorial candidate of the party in the State of Niger. As a result, these sensitive documents were seen in several incorrect and unauthorized hands and places before and during the elections. Until then, your commission does not raise any concerns and does not organize any investigation into the immediate or distant causes of this criminal and unconstitutional bastardy of the electoral process.
APC and the security of law, regulations, guidelines and calls regarding best practices in electricity from its commission of victory.
The elections of Saturday, March 9, 2019, you must go to the grave anomaly to save you and the commission, from this lamentable embarrassment, because you could go into history as the worst president of the world. INEC in our history.
Accept our greetings.
Prince Uche Secondus
Senator Ibrahim Umaru Tsauri